Spirited Musings

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

First Blog

I have heard of blogging from lots of people but never really tried it myself until now - yes dear friend, you finally made me cave in!
Rain rain and more rain - I used to think I would want to move to the Northwest because they have "more weather". But I think we switched winter weather patterns with them this year, and I can tell you I have definetely changed my mind... I dont think I could stand the grayness of clouds day after day. Not all of the NW is like this I realize but the area I was thinking of moving to was....The last week we had very spring like weather and I felt like I was emerging from a gray dull unthinking cocoon. Suddenly my life had more life and energy and purpose. After a couple days of reflection, I decided that I had been suffering some form of SAD. SAD in So Cal? Doesnt make sense to me either..... but there you go....even my oldest child asks me how many days until spring, as if it is a magical day on the calendar that suddenly changes the weather for us. Thus begins an explanation of calendar year vs natural year.....ever tried explaining this to a 7 yr old??? Luckily for me he gets it.
We are supposedly to have sun tomorrow - I certainly hope so, though I finish that thought by remebering that at least I am not living in the SE right now who are contending with tornadoes and hail. I count my blessings even with a leaky closet..... I wish them luck and safety tonight as I go to bed.
Wonder if my kids would be interested in blogging????

1 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger lachen said...

FINALLY! Consider yourself officially sucked into the blogging world. My best friend is blogging too at last. Insert happy dance here. And SAD is DAS backwards. Does that help?
Love you,
me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home