Spirited Musings

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Nameless Kids

Ok, this has got to be the most asinine thing I have heard of yet.....My mom has informed me that as of next year, the other teachers are no longer allowed to spend time teaching kids how to spell their names (and yes she is still glad she is retiring)......Granted this is first grade we are talking about, but still, COME ON!!!!!!! She can only guess (and hope) that some how it is worked into the curriculum as it is one of those things that can only be effectively learned by repetition.

Reason three-hundred seventy-three I will never stop homeschooling my kids in CA......I reserve judgment on the other 49 states.....

3 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger lachen said...

Thank you. California public edcuation has gotten out-of-hand ridiculous to the point of absurdity. When there is no "learning to spell one's name" but there is guided meditation at lunch, WHAT THE HECK are we teaching these kids?

If you stay in the lotus position long enough, the spelling of your name will just "come to you".

PLEASE. The word "crap" comes to mind. I bet it is allowable to teach kids to spell THAT.

Sheesh.

Never opinionated here... *C*

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger MattyP said...

Homeschooling kids without giving them a "friends alternative" is social murder. Make sure you don't forget that.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Spirited 3 Mom said...

Don't worry....I would not forget that...even if I were to forget, my mom would not....hehehehe....to allay your fears, he does have a very good friend that handly lives right down the street and happens to also homeschool as well so they play together and bounce between houses whenever they are down with their work for day/week.....my daughter has a friend right next door and I have no fear that my youngest will eventually find a friend as well......besides I firmly believe in enrolling them in things such as rec center classes or local sports, and also the local homeschoolers group in which they have made some friends as well......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home