Spirited Musings

Monday, March 27, 2006

Summer Almost Here!!!!! Thank God....

Well well....been a long time once again. I plead once again busy-ness as I try to be a good teacher/mom. But official time is almost up as we have STAR ( for those of us in CA) testing coming up in 5 weeks and about 1 week later we have to turn in any and all non-consumable books and materials to the charter school. I love our school and the opportunities it provides me and my kids, but what exactly are they thinking we are going to do if all of our supplies our turned into the school library. Make it up as we go I guess.....for us, we will actually get around to those science experiments and art projects we have been wanting to do all year. But in an effort to be P.C. and make sure we are ready for standardized test, alot of the "fun stuff" (this would be the kids' opinion) has been left by the wayside. I hope next year will be better as we will actually have a chance in hell of getting our supplies for the year before Thanksgiving...mind you we have to order by June in order to make that a reality! This year was the "power-school year" - 9 months of work (in areas a little more) in 5 months.....I promised my oldest that next year will be better...I tell you if it is not I will revolt before they do!!! Anyway, I hope to change focus slightly and start blogging the interesting changes we have made in our diet and how they have affected our health and general well-being, but for now I say sionora and good night as we have on-site classes tomorrow and I will be prying kids out of their beds far too early in the morning! LOL. 'Til later....

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home