Spirited Musings

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Beginnings of our Food Exploration

I have to share that on my grandmother's advice for a chronic sinus infection, I have been not putting either raw honey, regular honey, or processed sugar in my coffee for about the last 5 days or so. And my sinuses had started draining after about the first 48 hours. But I had also noticed that my facial issues (a problem with the T-zone where I itch and itch-and try not to scratch- and it can turn red), which have been an on-going but improving battle, had improved nicely over those last several days, but I thought it was due to the weather warming up and figured it was just the dryness of winter that aggravated it.
That was until I decided to go ahead and put a little sugar in my coffee this morning. Surely a little couldnt hurt right? OH BOY was I wrong!! Within about 30 minutes of consuming this sugared coffee, my face has erupted in itchiness and scales again!
Needless to say I dumped out the coffee in my cup and started over with unsweetened coffee. I will wait a few days or more until my face calms down, and try just some raw honey in coffee (because that is what I currently have) and see what happens.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home